Sunday, November 14, 2010

To mom, with love

I don’t usually like talking to taxi drivers especially after a long and tiring day of work; when all I want to do is just sit there in total silence, stare out of the window, wishing I could teleport home instead.

The truth is that I’m not much of a talker at all.

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.” Plato

But I’ve came to realize of late that sometimes conversations with others can be eye-openers and quite inspiring, just like the other evening.

The taxi driver and I were talking when we came to the subject about mothers. & how no matter what we do in this lifetime, we will never be able to repay her for all that she has done for us.

For her carrying us inside her for 9 months, having to watch her diet because she only wants the best for her child, the back aches, swollen feet, uncomfortable nights

The pain she endured when we came out into this world and as she held the tiny us in her arms for the very first time, thinking to herself that it was all worth it

The breastfeeding, the sleepless nights


Being worn-out from all the running around the house in circles and back pains due to mommy's "little exercise machine" who has just learnt how to walk

The unconditional love throughout the years

All the endless nights of worrying during our growing up, experimental phases

The sacrifices she has made so that we can have the best of everything

And the fact that no matter what happens and no matter how old we are, we will always be mommy's little child in her eyes



I feel ashamed that I needed a stranger to remind me that my mother’s love for me is unconditional. When I knew it all along and can feel it every single day here at home with the cousin and baby Aydan.


"A little girl, asked where her home was, replied, "Where mother is." – Keith L. Brooks


Happy birthday, mommy.



No comments: